The European Donor Group has contributed to many projects within Shambhala Europe. It is an informal group of people who offer annual donations to a bank account under Shambhala Europe in order to finance ongoing and innovative projects and activities proposed within the European Shambhala mandala. The European Shambhala Trust Fund is a vehicle that is creating capital assets for such purposes in the future.
The following are some examples of the EDG contribution:
Awake in the World Festival (London 2013)
From Thursday 12 to Sunday 15th September, Awake in the World Festival was held in London. It was a festival of Meditation, Art and Social Vision to celebrate Chögyam Trunpa Rinpoche’s arrival at the UK alter fleeing Tibet. His heir and head of Shambhala, Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche, gave teachings on our innate wisdom and compassion and how bringing about the best in society.
We contribute to it and there will be a Festival follow up at Dechen Chöling in 2014.
- Paris SC 2011:
Renovation for kitchen and toilets (handicapped friendly).
- Shambhala Europe 2011:
Funds to support small Shambhala Groups, Ukraine and Iran:
– travel expenses for an European Acharya to teach ST levels to Iranians
– travel expenses for a teacher to conduct ST in Kiev and attendance of the Kiev Coordinator to Kalapa Governance Training
– purchase of a Shambhala banner and shrine brush for Kiev, a mahakala print for the protector shrine in Warsaw and frames for the teachers’shrine photos.
Tenno Room renovation in Kalapa Centre (Cologne) and subsequently, renovation of SE Offices and entire floor.
Shambhala Europe Finance Director.
Scholarships for Eastern Europe.
– Scholarship for DCL volunteers.
– Renovation: chateau (windows 2nd floor South & Shrine room, roof, stucco) Gardener’s House, Repair of garden wall, kitchen, offices and housing.
- South Africa (Johannesburg & Cape Town Shambhala Centres):
2011 ST and WOS levels, hosting Acharyas and senior teachers.
“The grant has affirmed us as an authentic channel for the precious Shambhala Buddhist teachings. In this, you’ve challenged us to live up to that mission, while simultaneously offering your wholehearted support for our efforts to do so. For this, as for the financial resource itself, we proffer our profound gratitude.” Shastri Jennifer Woodhull letter to the ESTF.
Support for the Coordinator. It has been reflected at the Shambhala Times.
- Vienna SC 2004:
Rebuilding part of its stunning new shop-front premises. Inauguration of the new Centre took place on Saturday, May 8th 2004.
To read about EDG versus the European Shambhala Trust Fund, please go to About Us.